Today I completed my first project in my new workspace. I set my sights on something low tech but important: replacing the backs on a trio of cushion covers for my sister-in-law, as promised, about five months ago.
Using the same technique as I’ve done for previous cushions – a lapped zip – and using up some leftover duck from the stash, I whipped it up in no time. Well, over two days. With one MAJOR unpicking. But they turned out alright!
So far, so good. The aim is, over the next couple of months, to take a huge chunk out of the stash as it takes up simply TOO much space in our home. Watch this space and keep me company. Expect giveaways, pop-up sales, refashions, tears and the usual dollop of frustration.
Next project – a flurry of sunshine yellow skirts for all the girlie toddlers in my life.